Thursday, January 5, 2012

26.


work...

(makin' mini snowballs)

(not amazing, but taking baby steps)

for a non-baker like me, making cupcakes start to finish is pretty exciting. slowly, slowly, slowly, i am learning. even though it's a small feat, it still makes me proud of myself. i kinda fucked up mixing/baking the eggnog ones, but i did an okay job frosting the little snowballs on top, which i was nervous to do. since i got side-sloping peaks on the cupcakes, i'm just pretending i made a ski hill on top of each one. working with frosting is harder than it looks!

left: chocolate "snowball" cupcakes filled with cocoa mousse, topped with vanilla frosting and coated in coconut.

right: eggnog cupcakes filled with creamy "eggnog", topped with vanilla frosting and a sprinkle of nutmeg and cinnamon.


3 comments:

  1. i really enjoy reading your post Tara. I really admire how you put yourself out there! Hopefully on my 7hr stop in Chicago, we can meet up and you can show me the goods of Chi-town and by goods I means FOOD! =)

    ReplyDelete