Wednesday, January 11, 2012

27.

hello blog,

i know i just re-hashed our neglected relationship, and i'm sad to tell you this, but i have to leave you again. i'll be back one day though, don't worry...

real talk though: i'm going to take a serious break from "social networking" sites and the internet in general. since the internet intruded on my simple, secluded life back in the 90's, it has kind of taken over my life, and not in any positive or productive way. i can say with a decent amount of certainty that it has caused more harm than good in my life. i let it rob me of my time, of which i have a limited amount, and i let it affect my emotions more than a brightly lit box ever should.

the internet has taken a small world and made it even smaller. it serves as an easy reminder of things and people that have no place in my mind. it keeps me from being productive. it doesn't help me keep in touch with friends - at least not in a meaningful way. i see people act and say a lot of things that i find depressing and sickening. this list could easily keep going, but i think you get the picture. in short, it's a waste.

i subscribe to the idea that if you don't like something in your life, you should do what you can to change it, and i've found myself in a place that i don't want to be, and nobody is keeping me here but myself. i lack self control in quite a few areas of my life, and hopefully if i can be stronger about one of them, the others will be close behind. i know that saying goodbye to a few websites doesn't seem like much, but for me it is. i'm a quitter, always have been.

i hope by the time february 12th rolls around (that's a month, but who knows, maybe it will be longer!) i hope to feel a sense of accomplishment. not only because i achieved a goal i set for myself, but because i made better use of my time and my life. i want to build friendships, see the sights, cook delicious food, read books, write letters, watch documentaries, go outside, make things, clear my mind, and so much more.

so yeah, there we go! if you want to get in touch with me then please! ask me to hang out, send me a letter, write me an email, text me, whatever you want. i want to know people past their status updates.

good luck to me!

xoxo
Tara

(hello.talk.goodbye@gmail.com)


No comments:

Post a Comment